BuzzLogic Ad

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Second Chance at Redemption

I've never really had a geniune confession in church before. Not from lack of trying, but I felt i could always reach out to Him wherever I am, whenever I needed to. With that being said, permit me to share one confession with this blog post...

The Lord's Prayer



Forgive me father for I have sinned. Yesterday, while i was reading something on the net, there was a note on it saying I should recite the Lord's Prayer and Three Hail Mary's. To be honest it was a chain letter and although, being the usual skeptimist that I am, normally i would've dismissed it right away. But then again a little prayer wouldn't hurt, eh?

Well apparently, it did, at least on my Christian pride. Halfway through it i just jumbled up the wrong words and often repeating mistakes i shouldnt have made. It's a shame. But it made me realize how neglectful I've been as a Christian. Not attending mass at Sundays...Not even able to recite one decent Hail Mary...

My shortcomings are inexcusable. I have all the time in the world to pray and go to church. Yet here I am.

I used to make promises to Him...that I would visit Him often...only to end up breaking them and adding more to my sins.

So now I make no more promises. But it wouldnt make any difference, dunnit? Im still here, passing on the days to when I would wake up and just forget the only Father that i had.

I'm not proud of myself. I'm not proud of my sins. But the chain letter that brought me to this realization made me think...He still cares much about me that I owe Him one more chance at redemption...

No comments:

Blog Count